"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wine List Edits... Almost... Done

Nearly ready to unveil our updated wine list

































BEING a restaurant manager is best suited for... perhaps... single folks. When I was interviewing at several different restaurants around the city for a more "upward" position one interviewer told me that as a manager, I could be working as much as ninety hours a week. I declined her offer (but did accept the comped lunch). 

I now am a restaurant manger, but my time at (and away from) the restaurant is apportioned between Service Director and maintaining our various 'web presences.' (My first project was a complete overhaul of our OpenTable page and currently, I'm maintaining three different Facebook "fan pages.") One project, which is taking a bit longer than both my superior and I had imagined it would, is a complete update of our completely-Campanian wine list. I finally got her to come down, into the wine cellar with me where we found more changes we wanted to make to the proposed final list. 

One thing I've learned over the past few weeks is that sometimes the only way to get something done is to set a deadline. I'll get to that in a bit.

1 comment:

John Petter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.