"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Monday, May 14, 2012

Wine List Revisions

ONE project I'm currently working on at the restaurant is revising the wine list... and making sure everything in our cellar is on it. (which sometimes calls for several hours in the cellar on my day off) I've only just begun jotting down some preliminary notes, but note-taking's been a breeze thanks to my trusty Oxford Companion to Wine ("The greatest wine book ever published." --The Washington Post).

































I've already come up with some pairings like our piennolo del Vesuvio tomatoes paired with taurasi. Both fruits are grown in the volcanic soil surrounding Mt. Vesuvius. How could you lose there?

































And I've been learning so much about Campanian wines; we are proudly the only restaurant in the city with a completely-Campanian wine list!

No comments: