"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Friday, December 23, 2011

Alert: New Dishes at The Plaza Food Hall

The Plaza Food Hall by Todd English--which I'm proclaiming "a foodie's paradise"--has unveiled two new dishes (among others) which I am a fan of... 

First: lobster hush puppies (six pieces per order) which I'd enjoyed on a recent visit with my sister, Kim (who I've also accustomed to The Food Hall);

notice the lobster in the first from right hush puppy

and second: seared tuna tacos (from the new "Taqueria" section of the menu) with chili-lime aioli, radish coleslaw and jalapeño (I nearly always order anything with jalapeño).

three seared tuna tacos

The lobster hush puppies paired well with The Food Hall's 'house' Valdo prosecco and the tuna tacos--with fresh lime to squeeze upon each taco--are a rather scrumptious threesome (I recommend them to any jalapeño lover). However, they did remove risotto "tater tots" and baccala salad (which I'd yet to try) from the menu. However, knowing I was such a big fan of the "tater tots," my server did manage to get the chef to whip up an order... I hate to brag, but it does pay to be a PPX!

The Plaza Food Hall by Todd English, 1 West 59th Street, Manhattan

2 comments:

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

I must look for those lobster hush puppies....they sound and look amazing!!!

Unknown said...

They were tasty... I was quite surprised to see so many new dishes on the menu on my last visit--I want to try all of their taco varieties!