|seared scallops topped with salmon caviar|
Tonight, I finally made good of my invitation for a "birthday meal on the house" at East of Eighth. My friend Danny, who had already eaten dinner, met me there to keep company...
I began with a roasted tomato bisque with parmesan and pesto croutons followed by two small plates: seared scallops with salmon caviar (made specially for me) and crispy eggplant with goat cheese, arugula and a reduced balsamic vinegar. Danny, who'd arrived after the first course, enjoyed a bottle of Lucien Albrecht, cremant d'Alsace, brut blanc de blanc with me.
If you'd like to enjoy some of Chef Markovitz's specialties for yourself, consider booking your Christmas dinner at East of Eighth and sample his holiday tasting menu!
- starters -
- roasted tomato bisque with parmesan and pesto croutons
- grilled endive, gorgonzola and pear salad with ancient balsamic vinegar
- grilled venison sausage with chestnuts and apples
- shrimp and pancetta risotto with cipollini onions
- leek tart with Vermont goat cheese and white truffle oil
- mains -
- roasted Vermont turkey with cornbread stuffing, cranberries, sautéed vegetables and mashed sweet potatoes
- baked country ham with spiced brown sugar and Dijon mustard glaze with mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed vegetables
- beef bourguignon with mushrooms, bacon and pearl onions on puréed potatoes
- grilled salmon with roasted shallots and fresh thyme on roasted root vegetables with garam masala
- desserts -
- gingerbread and Granny Smith gelato Napoleon
- chestnut and maple bread pudding
- chocolate-espresso flourless roulade
- pecan pie à la mode
Amazingly, you can partake in all this goodness for just $30 per person (one selection per course). East of Eighth will be open all day on December 25th. The à la carte menu will be available as well.