"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Time!

Saturday night, amid the season's first snow, I shuttled home with a pumpkin in tow; we were having a pumpkin carving contest at work.

14th Street...

to Inwood

The following morning, I began work on my jack-o'-lantern. I'd wanted to carve one that would be mean and scary looking and I must say that it didn't turn out half bad.



Next, I started sorting out the pumpkin seeds from amongst the innards. Tossing them in olive oil with garlic powder, seasoned salt and chili powder, I roasted them in the oven for about an hour. They made for a tasty treat for the week!

oven roasted seasoned pumpkin seeds

HALLOWEEN Day, our restaurant was quite in the Halloween spirit!

my jack-o'-lantern welcomes bar guests

our staff carved some pretty mean pumpkins!

The owner even encouraged us all to come dressed in costume...

my hostess, "Jessica Rabbit,"
pops a few M&M's

It was a fun day with cute, little trick-or-treaters coming in throughout the evening and at the end, I even won first prize ($100!) for best costume! Now the pressure's on to come up with a just as good (if not better) costume next year!

No comments: