|a vermouth & tonic cocktail with salted rim|
Today was even hotter than yesterday, but nonetheless, I had already pre-planned my post-work cooler: (white) vermouth & tonic cocktails!
- Cinzano extra dry/bianco vermouth
- Schweppes tonic water
- Fleur de sel (flake sea salt)
- Ice cubes
- Tall, narrow glass
- Pre-frost glass in freezer for at least 40-45 minutes; remove glass from freezer and allow to frost over (about 10 seconds) then press the rim into the fleur de sel.
- Carefully drop one ice cube at a time (taking care to not knock off the sea salt) into the glass, filling it.
- Fill the glass: 2 parts vermouth, 1 part tonic water.
- Squeeze 3-4 drops of lime into the drink.
- Swizzle and serve immediately!
What are some of your favorite "beat the heat" coolers?