"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Thursday, December 24, 2009

>wine notes>>


So this is the famed Salentein bottle that I've been talking about in my last two (a.k.a. first two) posts. I'm actually not 100% sure that this is the bottle I liked because I got some of my tasting notes mixed up in class. But it's either this bottle or a bottle of Chateau Greysac that I really enjoyed. (But I doubt that it was the latter because it was a "Cru Bourgeois"....)
Anyway, the only place that I've been able to find the bottle so far is on the website: WineChateau.com.




And this is the amazing Sauternes that d and I already enjoyed over the weekend--just look at the color! The bottle I purchased was a 2003, not a 1998 like the one shown above, but nonetheless, it was truly divine! I purchased it from a wine store on the Upper West Side - Gotham Wines, B'way just below 96th - and the guy was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. At $49.95 (plus 10% off, holiday promo), it was worth every penny. I would totally drop the $300 if I saw it on a wine list at a restaurant, granted the occasion called for it... and the in-laws were paying.





And lastly, but hopefully not least, I end with a Henri Darnat Meursault. I couldn't find the one I was really looking for - Louis Jadot, Les Perrieres, Premier Cru - 2006 - but when I asked the wine seller for something comparable, he said the Henri Darnat Meursault was "wonderful." I've yet to try it, so I still have some doubts. It was an A.O.C. bottle, but it was mis en bouteille par Henri Darnat as apposed to au chateau or a la propriete. I've never met Mr. Darnat.

No comments: