"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

>next stop... france!>>


So there was no wine class last night, off for the holidays... :( But I've already picked out my 2 elective classes needed for ICE's Premier Cru wine certificate. The first one I'll be taking is Wine Etiquette for the 21st Century led by wine critic, W.R. Tish and the other will be How to Enjoy Navigating a Restaurant Wine List, led by Richard Vayda, my current instructor in Wine Essentials. I think the latter course will be especially handy in my line of work.

Once I've fulfilled all the requirements needed for my Premier Cru certificate, I plan to enroll in ICE's Advanced Wine Essentials course to work towards their Grand Cru certificate. In addition, I plan on brushing up on my (very dusty) French. I'm thinking I'll begin private tutoring lessons during the break in between my Wine Essentials and Advanced Wine Essentials courses (the latter beginning in April) and then continue in May when I "graduate" and receive my Grand Cru certificate!

No comments: