Foremost, this is something you can make after/alongside cooking a chicken. You'll need a rice cooker as well.
Oil from a cooked chicken
- Slice the sausage and onions to be added to the uncooked rice.
- Add the appropriate measuring of rice to the rice cooker, combined with the sausage and onions.
- Add water, chicken oil and a bit of salt. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook the rice as you would normally.
- While the rice is cooking, grate some fresh ginger. Set aside in serving dishes.
- Serve the cooked hana rice in individual rice bowls, using the grated ginger as a condiment.