|Valley Shepherd Creamery, Long Valley, NJ|
Months after posting about SoHo's Valley Shepherd Creamery, they'd finally gotten around to organizing their city to farm bus trips!
"We listened to you. Due to demands from our many Greenmarkets and SoHo shop customers we organized a DayTrip package that will bring 55 happy City folks to the farm for a day of learning, eating, cheese tasting and lamb hugging. Reserve early for the June
4th18th date. Brochures will go out to SoHo and all our NYC Greenmarkets this weekend."
The tour will include a full day at the farm consisting of:
- 10 a. m. pickup at the Soho shop located at 79 Sullivan Street via a luxury charter coach bus; the trip to the farm, with normal traffic, should take about 1½ hours
- 11:30 a. m. - enter the viewing gallery and proceed with an introduction to a guide and cheesemaker
- 11:30 to noon - a short discussion about the farm, cheesemaking, dairy sheep, milking and Q & A
- Noon - movies about milking, cheesemaking and shearing
- 12:20 - viewing of the main barn, home to 600 dairy sheep, followed by a viewing of the rotary robotic milking parlor and cheesemaking room
- 1 p. m. - an extensive cheese tasting and discussion of each cheese
- 1:30 - a short walk to the newborn lamb raising area where you'll get close with someone new and woolly (bring your camera)
- 2 p. m. - buffet lunch setup (bring your own wine)
- 2:30 - shop for cheese
- 3 p. m. - board bus for return trip
- 4-4:30 - arrive back at Sullivan Street, full of wine and cheese