"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Redemptive Dinner

Champagne!

With Tuesday night's dinner being as bad as it was, it wasn't long before I began yearning for a proper dinner to erase the regretful memory from my mind... Last night, David delivered just that.

Getting ready to pop the cork.

David texted me earlier, that evening, to ask if he could "make a nice dinner tonight." I acquiesced.

Later that evening, I popped open the bottle of Perrier-Jouët, which I had brought home on our anniversary, and we chatted and enjoyed champagne while David readied dinner.

Thoroughly enjoying the Perrier-Jouët!

We began our meal with homemade pea soup, which looked delightfully springlike, served with hearty whole grain crackers.

David's pea soup

For the main course David served: haricots verts in whole grain mustard dressing and scalloped potatoes topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Haricots verts in whole grain mustrard

David's scalloped potatoes

For dessert, we simply had chocolate chip cookies and finished the rest of the Perrier-Jouët... while David made his very own Perrier-Jouët bow tie:

Très mignon!

At the end of dinner, I commented on finally being redeemed from Tuesday night's awful dinner; David's response: "You need me around to keep your taste level elevated!"

"Sacré bleu!"

5 comments:

Hiroko said...

The scalloped potato looks so good. How did he make?

Unknown said...

Much better. Had a bottle of PJ the other day - their NV has improved out of sight in recent years.

Do you know how to make a chair out of the cork cage?

Unknown said...

I love PJ too; PJ and Moët are my top two favorite champagnes, followed by Veuve...

I don't know how to make a chair out of the cage, although I started saving all my 'bubbly' corks to make a champagne-cork wreath!

Unknown said...

I'm not quite sure, H, but I will find out! (he's in Troy, NY right now--recording/touring w/ Signal!)

Hiroko said...

Thanks, anytime will be great:)