GQ Milk PunchServes 12 to 15Ingredients:1 cup whole milk3 cups heavy cream1 cup raw sugar1 liter brandy1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, bring the milk and cream to a simmer over medium heat and add the sugar. Stir to dissolve and remove from heat.
- In a large punch bowl, combine the cream-sugar mixture with the rum and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Freeze overnight and remove approximately two hours before serving. Break up remaining ice before serving.
Or, from the pages of Pirate's Pantry (a recent gift given by my in-laws), comes Southwest Louisiana's take:
Pirate's Pantry Milk PunchServes 6Ingredients:Ice1 rounded teaspoon sugar⅛ teaspoon vanilla6 jiggers bourbon2 jiggers KahluaMilkNutmeg
- Fill blender with ice to 1 inch from top. Add other ingredients in order except nutmeg, filling blender only to 1 inch from top.
- Put lid on and blend until ice is fine.
- Let sit a few minutes before pouring.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top of each serving.