"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Playlist

I'm working on a playlist for a holiday party I'm throwing; here's what I have so far:

Bust A Move - Young MC
Christmas Is Coming - Vince Guaraldi Trio
Christmastime Is Here - Vince Guaraldi Trio
Darn That Dream - Miles Davis
Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down - Alicia Keys
Girls & Boys - Blur
Good Fortune - PJ Harvey
Hanging on the Telephone - Blondie
Hubcaps and Tail Lights - Barney Kessel
I'd Like to Hitch a Ride with Santa Claus - The Andrews Sisters
I'll Come Running Over - Lulu
Israel - Miles Davis
It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas - The Andrews Sisters & Bing Crosby
Jingle Bells - The Andrews Sisters & Bing Crosby
Judy Is A Punk - The Ramones
Just Like Heaven - The Cure
Kiss - Prince
La Vie En Rose - Grace Jones
Last Christmas - Wham!
Lithium - Nirvana
The Long List of Girls - The Blow
Loose Caboose - Henry Mancini
Madeline - Yo La Tengo
Michael A Grammar - Broadcast
Moon River Cha Cha - Henry Mancini
Peek-A-Boo - Siouxsie & The Banshees
Rouge - Miles Davis
Santa Baby - Madonna
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town - Frank Sinatra & Cyndi Lauper
Something for the Cat - Henry Mancini and His Orchestra
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
This Charming Man - The Smiths
This is Love - PJ Harvey
Venus de Milo - Miles Davis
We're Desperate - X
When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes - The Supremes
Wooly Bully - Sam the Sham & The Pharaohs

--missing anything?

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Everybody by Black Box!

Unknown said...

Haha, yes!! I also added 'Christmas in Hollis' and a few Carpenters tunes...

Unknown said...

I'm doing the same thing! for my own personal Christmas collection though..dorky I know. Here are few that I <3. Sleigh Ride - The Ronettes or actually, them doing any Christmas song. Run Run Rudolph - Chuck Berry I also liked the Dave Edmunds Band Version too.

Unknown said...

little saint nick - The Beach Boys

Unknown said...

I forgot about those!