"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Friday, July 16, 2010

PPX SUCCESS!

Last night was the most fun I've ever had hosting a party!

The night started off with a bottle of bubbly to toast and greet the PPX early birds with and then later, my co-host, Cameron Nico, rolled in with his crew of stylishly-clad hipsters just in time to enjoy complimentary sliders, calamari and home-made quesadillas. (yes, they did eat)

People kept rolling in and I kept shuttling cocktails to the banquettes (instead of using drink tickets, we were personally delivering drinks to our guests--I thought it was rather charming). The drink 'de la nuit' seemed to be vodka tonic with a splash of Campari--a mutual concoction between a guest and myself.

To say that DJ Cynthesizer's set delivered would be a massive understatement; but I will say that when The Champs' "Tequila" came on, the crowd went wild! The night wore on and DJ Cynthesizer extended her set until just past 1 a.m.--there were too many happy, dancing people that she just couldn't disappoint...

PPX's opening night was so much more than I could have asked for (thanks to everyone who showed up) and I can't wait for the next one which is tentatively scheduled for August 5th!
P.S. If you have any photos from the night, please share them with us by sending them to: frombehindtheopentable@gmail.com --your next PPX drink is on us!

No comments: