"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Thursday, February 4, 2010

>TH for thursday + this & that>>

Hi Folks, so I finally have a moment to sit down in some peace and quiet and write my blog. Tuesday, I was off. My morning started with an e-mail from Gazelle saying we had to re-shoot my photo for Gazelland Magazine--it just wasn't working for the layout. So, 1 3.5 foot pile of laundry later: there I was again, slathering Vaseline on my face, scrubbing it off, and then heading downtown on the A train avec photo shoot garb and accessories.

Even though the photo shoot did take up a chunk of my afternoon off, I didn't mind; it was lovely seeing Gazelle. He was kind enough to supply the champagne for the shoot (a really nice bottle of Veuve) which we both enjoyed afterwards. The shoot took place on the roof of his building which had some lovely views of 14th street going down into Meat Packing.

Even though it was a rather chilly day, by the end of the shoot, I didn't even feel the chill; we were having so much fun :) Later that night, while David and I watched Les Diaboliques in the coziness of our bed, it snowed.




Yesterday, my pirated internet was acting screwy again, so I had to go down to La Sala 78 to have a mocha latte while I tapped away on my laptop. La Sala doubles as a cafe/art gallery and as I walked in yesterday, I came upon a pretty interesting exhibit. Some of the paintings they had up were clearly "faux Picassos," but I didn't mind that at all; I found them rather charming.

I came back today to check out the prices which yesterday, were yet to be posted, but they're still not up today. I gave my card to the barista and asked her to have the artist give me a call.





>>Next Post: humane foie gras??>

2 comments:

kimchee said...

umm...hello? you can totally do these same paintings yourself, if not better. i do remember some extremely awesome art you did back in the day, via acrylics and canvas? no? :)

Unknown said...

:> thanks!