"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Saturday, January 23, 2010

>i have parties>>>

So I finally got my hands on the latest, photography, issue of Gazelland Magazine--it's quite impressive! I'm so glad to be a part of the upcoming issue and I can't wait for it to come out, sometime next month...

Tonight is the going away party for a very dear friend and favorite co-worker of mine, Cynthia, at Blue Ribbon. (Well, it's more like a quitting party then going away, she's not really going anywhere, just away from us...) But believe it or not, I think I may be having an issue of Blue Ribbon fatigue! --I don't know what I'll get tonight! It's either going to be the burger with goat cheese (a recent recommendation by one of their servers), or I may just opt for some Malpeques if we stay at the bar... I'm on a budget this weekend.

And then tomorrow night, David and I (mostly David) are cooking dinner for 2 very dear friends of mine coming in from New Jersey. David already has the dinner planned out, I just have to pick up groceries. Luckily, I managed to snag 1 last bottle of champagne from the photo shoot, which we'll have tomorrow night--I just have to pick up one more bottle. Actually, I was thinking of getting a bottle of sherry instead; I'll have to refer to my wine notes to see what would pair best with our fare...

Well, it's time for me to head off to the farmers market before they close. I am off today! I don't really know what I'm going to do for the rest of the day except for try not to get fat. I had the Lure Burger for dinner the past two nights in a row and am feeling a little paunchy. I'll just eat some Fage today, that always seems to do the slimming trick!

6 comments:

kimchi said...

what is fage? and how is it pronounced? will it make me thin too? ;) love your blog...xoxo

Unknown said...

greek strained yogurt (fah-yay). i eat 2 servings a day when i'm feeling paunchy and it always seems to do the trick! xo!!

Vilmarie said...

everyone at the hotel is obsessed with Fage...I have to try it!

Unknown said...

It is the best!! They also sell little to go sizes that have honey on the side. I think they have it at Dean & Deluca - you should try one!!

Anonymous said...

fage secret-- ONLY buy the full fat version. because the yogurt is strained and very concentrated, the reduced fat versions have an unpleasant texture and the taste is not as good.

Unknown said...

Mm..