"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Monday, January 25, 2010

>m, for monday + dame judi dench>>

I was so tired last night I hallucinated while watching As Time Goes By...

I also dreamt that I was walking through some store and for Fashion Week there were photo shoots going on all over the place with ordinary looking white guys, but when they posed they somehow turned into Japanese looking girls with big lips (must've been all that dark chocolate fondue I had before bed...)

So yea, we did BR (Blue Ribbon) Saturday night for Cynthia's going away dinner. I was thinking I'd try the Sweetbreads, but David had made Chorizo burritos for dinner so I wasn't even hungry... Instead, I opted for the Pupu Platter and Cynthia picked the octopus special. I've always wanted to try their Pupu platter, mainly because it looks so fancy (and a little cheeky) sitting on the table. But I was saving it for when I could share it with someone because on the menu it says "for 2." But instead, my waiter brought me one for 1 and it was so teeny tiny... :( So, I wasn't thrilled with it, I'd like it better for 2, or 3, or 4. (I'm a sucker for packaging.)

Cynthia got the octopus special which we agreed to share and that was o.k.. I'd like it better if they had charred it a little like they do at Mia Dona (UES). They have, hands down, the best grilled octopus I've ever had.
I also got to try someone's hummus which, with endives in addition to pitas for dipping, was pretty good (better with the endives).

And of course, Cynthia ended her meal like all her meals at BR with a banana split--which we all split. Sooner or later, 4:30 rolled around and I just had to go home for work the next day....

No comments: