"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Saturday, January 30, 2010

>PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE>>

So I am off today.

I'm waiting to go have lunch at Fatty Crab with my good friend, Hiroko, who's in town for the weekend from Michigan for a piano lesson.
For once, my schedule is free and clear this morning (although I should have done some laundry), so with not much else to do, I sat down to finish reading my February issue of Vanity Fair.

I found Anthony Hopkins' Proust Questionnaire to be both good and inspiring.
I figured I'd give myself one as well.

What is your current state of mind?
Go forward.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My partner, David.

What is your most marked characteristic?
My reservedness. Someone once told me that I don't say much, but when I do it's very on point. I took it as a compliment.

What do you most value in your friends?
That we don't have to see each other every day, or can go for months without talking and still remain friends.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Eating out and designer clothing.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
A co-worker recently pointed out to me that I say, "ugh" a lot, sometimes followed by, "terrible."

When and where were you happiest?
Right here, right now.

Which talent would you most like to have?
The ability to make small talk with people I'd rather not talk to.

What is it that you most dislike?
Bad food.

Who are your heroes in real life?
My ambitious and inspiring friends.

Who are your favorite writers?
Julia Glass, Richard Sherman and Heidi Pitlor. They're all great at capturing the essence of everyday relationships.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Impatience.

Where would you like to live?
I wouldn't mind living in Paris, for a short period.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
The relationships I have with my family and friends.

What is your motto?
Deal with it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving all your answers!

Anonymous said...

revelatory. not sure what this has to do with proust though...

Unknown said...

The questions originated as a 19th-century parlor game popularized by contemporaries of Marcel Proust; he believed that an individual’s answers revealed his/her true nature..