"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The S.Pellegrino Sparkles with Bulgari Event!

a luxuriously boxed bottle was included in the gift bag

Last night was the cocktail reception unveiling the "S. Pellegrino sparkles with Bulgari" bottle at the Bulgari boutique on 5th Avenue. The invitation-only event was held on the boutique's top two floors and was outfitted with servers carrying trays of champagne (white and rosé), wine and sparkling water and a wide variety of hors d'œuvre

DANNY was my guest for the event and we both started with a glass of champagne accompanied with caviar purses which seemed to be made of chilled, fresh pasta and garnished with a singular flake of gold leaf. Along with tasting both the white and the rosé champagnes, I also enjoyed: truffle croquettes, crusted tuna sashimi, fresh lobster summer rolls and watermelon rings topped with pansies and goat cheese. From the dessert offerings, my favorite was the miniature peanut butter and jelly French macaroons--so cute!

Fifteen minutes before the reception ended, Danny and I decided to make our exits; but before leaving I was handed my "PR gift bag" which along with the special edition bottle, also contained a Bulgari double coiled calf leather bracelet which I gave to Danny for being my guest for the evening. Our next stop for the night was the Mercer Kitchen café where Danny opted for a glass of cava, while I simply ordered a latte.

Danny recoups at table 308

It wasn't long before Danny decided (along with coercion from myself) he could do with a little something to nibble on. We decided to order the black truffle and fontina cheese pizza ($16)--a mainstay at Mercer Kitchen.

black truffle and fontina pizza topped with frisée

The pizza delivered according to its description--but seemed a bit smaller than I remembered... Danny and I skipped (what would have been) dessert, for we had had enough of culinary gluttony for one night!

No comments: