"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Monday, August 8, 2011

Lanson Champagne (& Dessert)

rather regal

Today, David left for his ten day stay in Aspen, for the Aspen Music Festival, at which he'll be playing in a few concerts. On my way home from work last night, I asked David if he'd like me to pick up anything for dinner. "A small amount of wine would be nice." I decided some "champers" would do the trick.

sweet things come to those who eat

I also picked up, while passing The Plaza Food Hall, a couple of sweet things to go: amaretto cheesecake and red velvet--they're both my go-to desserts at the Food Hall. The Lanson (black label), which I'd never had before was a bit too dry for my taste, but David enjoyed it. At $48 it wasn't the most affordable champagne I'd ever bought; next time, I'll just stick to Moët.

No comments: