"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lamberti Extra Dry Prosecco


A couple of months before leaving my prior post in SoHo, one of the floor managers recommended me trying Lamberti prosecco. "It tastes like champagne." I had the name scribbled on a sheet of dupe pad paper which sat on my bedside table for months; it wasn't until just recently that I spotted it on the shelves at PJ Wine.


Lamberti extra dry prosecco; $13.97.
At first taste, I said to myself, "Wow, this is delicious!" It has good acid, with a decent length and there's enough fruitiness on the palate to make it interesting: juicy, puckery and tart. At $13.97, it's worth the price if looking for a champagne comparison...

No comments: