"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reason to Celebrate...

Segura Viudas, Extra Dry

Last night I completed the second of three trail shifts (at the restaurant, along Central Park South, at which I've been trailing), but I've already been offered (and have accepted) a full-time position! I picked up some sushi on my way home (it'd been a long time) and David surprised me with a bottle of my favorite cava, Segura Viudas, extra dry!

Sashimi

David and I sat and talked, at length, over dinner about Martin Luther King, Jr. and politics--mainly the politics of industries like music and the restaurant industry. I begin my status as a permanent employee at the new restaurant on Monday. Until then, I have some shifts to finish at The Mercer Kitchen before... "the maître d' will be right with you!"

No comments: