"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Early Birthday...


Saturday night found my good friend Cynthia and I, once again, at Blue Ribbon. (it'd been a while) We were just going to have one quick drink, each, but instead ended up sharing some bar snacks as well. After bartender James whetted our appetite with a half dozen malpeques, I decided our next communal nibble would be the pu pu platter.


I had had the pu pu platter once before, but had imprudently rushed through it (one too many cavas, prior). It wasn't until Saturday night that I realized the best way to enjoy Blue Ribbon's pu pu platter is to slowly grill each item atop the hibachi grill until there's some blackening. This time around, I enjoyed the pu pu platter so much more.

As we neared the end of our late night nosh, I told Cynthia it was time we finally purchase our Blue Ribbon Cookbook. (I also decided we should have the entire staff "autograph" it)




The cookbook was supposed to be something for the both of us, but Cynthia turned around and gave the cookbook to me, as an early birthday gift. (complete with birthday wishes from everyone who'd signed it) I'd wanted this cookbook for quite some time; Saturday night proved that good things come to those who wait.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Good things come to the good ones. This really was the best night. xo.

Unknown said...

It was... thanks to you!!