"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Sunday, August 29, 2010

De Wine Spot & Blueberry Mode

Friday night I paid another visit to De Wine Spot in Williamsburg. While there, I purchased a nice bottle of South Australian Shiraz ($9).

Wine Spot's stock is a little low right now; but, no, they're not going out of business--just making room for fall's shipments...


(but, some interesting stock still remains: Gailliano liqueur for Harvey Wallbangers and baby plum wine jars with nesting frogs)


Saturday, David and I woke up early and went to the Isham Street Farmers' Market in Inwood. It'd been a while since I'd last gone and on this previous visit, the market was ripe with plenty of delectable-looking selections. (there were even fresh-cut flowers, which I'd never seen there before and green grape tomatoes too) David's primary mission was to find good heirloom tomatoes (which we found), but we also came home with: celery, leeks, apples, plums and blueberries. Sunday, after work, David surprised me with a delicious "blueberries and donut à la mode"


... which was the perfect ending to my Sunday-double.

No comments: