"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Monday, May 3, 2010

>SUMMER ON 7TH>>

It's Summer at Cafeteria.

The Chelsea late night eatery has recently switched from its winter menu to the summer menu, replacing the Lamb Sliders with Chesapeake Crabcake Sliders. Last night, I tried them a second time and christened them, along with a glass of sparkling white, the Chelsea Summer Meal!

The dish is a serving of two slider-sized crabcakes topped with tartar sauce and pickles, served on miniature brioche buns. It also comes with a little tin of cross-cut potato chips. --Not the heartiest of dishes (it is an appetizer, I believe), but I do try my best to eat lightly during the summer.

If you're still hungry (and decided not to worry about your figure, after all) you can go to Elmo for their Truffle Fries. For a little while, I was addicted to them and was always trying to get Fabiana, the other maître d' at work, to go there with me for truffle fries and prosecco--the perfect pairing. The combo can be a meal in itself (the portion is rather generous) or a side dish before or after a bite--somewhere else. Regretfully, I don't recommend any of the other dishes at Elmo.

But going back to Cafeteria, I do recommend the Almond Stuffed Dates, another favorite appetizer of mine and for a light-dining option, the Prince Edward Island Mussels, with a glass of sparkling rosé. But if you're going to go all out (and order the most expensive entrée on the menu), order the Rosemary Roasted Lamb Chops. It's hands down, their best dish. > >

2 comments:

kimchee said...

YUMMY! Can we please have the Chelsea summer meal when I come visit? :)

Unknown said...

Yes!! :D