"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Monday, February 8, 2010

>scrappin around>>

So today I am off. I decided to set a "scrapping" limit for myself. In my household, scrapping means, but is not limited to:

1.) Being online for no reason in particular other than boredom or to "pass the time."

2.) Staying in bed for an extended period of time and sometimes returning there with food and/or beverages to be consumed while scrapping.

Example: Trudy has not done a damn thing today except for stay in bed all day and scrap.

So, even though I am online as we speak, I at least brought my laptop to the kitchen table so I'm not in bed [while I scrap].

Going back to some of the basics of my blog, my next classes (How to Enjoy Navigating a Restaurant Wine List; Unraveling the Mysteries of the Burgundy; and Advanced Wine Essentials) are registered and paid for.

Originally, I wanted to take The Celebrated Wines and Wine Regions of France, but my professor told me that I should take a more specialized class because that class was too similar to one evening we already had in Wine Essentials.

Additionally, I recently signed up for PJ Wine's email newsletter and found them to be a rather resourceful tool. For those of you not familiar, PJ Wine is a fantastic wine & liquor store in Inwood which carries a vast stock of spirits all sold at discount prices. (Worth the trek uptown on the A if you're planning a big party or event.) Every few days, PJ sends me an email about a new/limited-offering wine they're carrying, along with some nice tasting & pairing notes and a brief history. --An easy way to learn more on a regular basis.

They also offer free wine tastings in their "Upstairs Tasting Room" several times each month (although I haven't been to any yet, I keep missing the ones I want to go to...)>>

2 comments:

dmvolpe said...

Harumph! Trudy has scaped for only a small portion of the day (in her den). :) Your wine classes sound really interesting.

Unknown said...

The den - i almost forgot about that, lol!! When we get together - soon hopefully! - I will tell u all about my classes + stuff....