"[A] fantastic blog... which ranges from opinions on food and wine to daily adventures in a culinary-related profession."

Friday, February 19, 2010

>F for FASHION, FOIE GRAS & FRIDAY>>

So Fashion Week has come to a close (along with the tents at Bryant Park as home) and I must say that it was the dullest Fashion Week I'd ever experienced. Of course, with the death of the amazingly talented Mr. Alexander McQueen last week, a veil was cast over Fashion Week's opening night (not to mention the inclement weather which I'm sure made fancy young things teetering about in heels feel apprehensive about running around town...).

Earlier in the week, I peeked at a handful of shows on NYMag's website and was a little shocked and rather disappointed at the humdrumness some of the major designers were churning out onto their runways. Taupe, Grey, Khaki. Really?? The most exciting thing that happened to me all through Fashion Week was the DJ from the Boom Boom Room telling me I had the flyest shoes in NYC (the cobbler did do a beautiful job on my Ferragamos...).

In exciting news, I was finally able to meet up with the artist (Leandro Miguel Cruz) whose work is currently on display at La Sala 78 and purchase one of his pieces as an early anniversary gift for David. (I tried to hide it behind our dresser, but it was a little too large and I was afraid it might get damaged or discovered before the 26th, our actual anniversary.)

David was completely shocked when he saw it hanging on our living room wall. :)

In other exciting news: in honor of the 25th anniversary of D'Artagnan (the first company ever to produce foie gras domestically in the U.S.), selected chefs from around the globe will offer (as a part of the "Glories of Gascony Dining" event) a special menu, for 2 days only, at selected restaurants throughout the city.

My restaurant has been chosen as one of 10 carefully selected restaurants to take part in D'Artagnan's Glories of Gascony Dining event. You can see the special menu we're offering here in addition to our regular dinner menu. > >

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The painting looks lovely in the apartment. Is David standing completely shocked there?

Unknown said...

Yes, he is!! (He wouldn't let me post his pic though..)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.